OFSTED Information Summary
We were delighted with our most recent OfSTED report. In summary, we are again officially an OfSTED-rated GOOD school in all five categories and therefore GOOD overall!
The key headlines are:
There is also only one Area for Improvement – and that was to continue developing aspects of some of our foundation subjects.
- Pupils love coming to Birdham … feel safe and enjoy the many opportunities on offer, building good friendships and showing respect to each other
- Teachers are committed and ably support and care for pupils. Pupils know there is always an adult on hand to provide extra guidance. Teachers have strong subject knowledge and use assessment well
- From Reception, relationships between well-trained staff and children are productive and nurturing
- Leaders are strong and ambitious for all pupils, and have worked tirelessly to develop an aspirational curriculum. Leaders quickly identify pupils who need extra support and put in place carefully considered action plans, particularly for pupils with SEND
- Governors have been pivotal in holding leaders to account and fulfilling their statutory responsibilities
- Staff are well trained and feel supported in carrying out their roles [and] leaders have developed staff’s subject expertise to develop and ambitious curriculum