Vision and Values
We believe that the children are the most important people in this school
Our beliefs and values – in fact everything we do – is centered around them. Our aim is to strive to give them the very best education which will help them to:
- • become happy, independent learners with lively enquiring minds
- • acquire and use language, numbers and the skills, concepts and knowledge relevant to their lives
- • develop the ability to question and argue rationally
- • understand themselves, their physical, emotional and spiritual needs
- • respect other members of their family, school, the church, the local community and the world around them
- • make sense of their environment and compare it with the wider world
The children, staff, parents and governors were all involved in shaping our nine Christian core values that we believe are central to everything that we do in school. The children helped to design our Birdham Charter as below:
Can you spot all our values in the word cloud below?
We fully support the government’s drive to promote fundamental British values, as part of our duty to develop pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness.
British values are visible in our school through:
|Rule of law||
|Tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs||
We are also fully committed to the Government’s Prevent Strategy, which is aimed at ensuring all children are kept free from radicalisation and extremist causes. More details of this can be accessed by clicking this link